Friday, December 18, 2009

Taylor Surprises Us

Tonight the doorbell rang and it was Christine, Johnnie T’s mom.  We greeted each other and I invited her to come in, but she said, “Hold on, I have a surprise for you.”

“A surprise?  What’s going on?”  For some reason all I could think of was: "Did she get me a pony?"

Christine had a big smile on her face and she turned to look back over her shoulder.  As I was speaking those words I could see my son Taylor walking up the front walkway toward the house. 

“Huh?!?  Taylor!!!!”

We were expecting Taylor to come home from college sometime tomorrow.  But with the help of Christine and Johnnie, he pulled a pleasant surprise on us and showed up tonight.  Oh man, what a treat.  Nadia heard all the commotion and came running to the front door.  We laughed and hugged and talked and then laughed some more.

“What happened?  Did you guys pick Taylor up at Anderson?” we asked.

We were told, “No, he came in earlier with his ride from school.  We picked him up out south of here a little ways.”  Rather than tell us about the change of schedule, he decided to make it into a surprise.

We were definitely surprised and we are very happy, that’s for sure.  It is great to have him home.

Well, he was at the house for about 45 minutes and then he and John were walking out the front door.

“Hey, where you going?  You just got here!”

“I’ll be back a little later,” said Taylor.  “We’re going out for a few minutes.”

Yep.  Did I mention that it’s great to have him home?  It is.  I might even have a chance to see him occasionally….if I play my cards right.



……“Hey Nadia, have you seen my ‘Cat’s In The Cradle’ record?”

















I was going to include a picture of Taylor with this
post but....he's not here.  So, here's a picture of some
of his stuff sitting on the floor of "The Lair".

No comments: