Saturday, November 14, 2009

Things Seem To Work Out For Rachel


Things seem to work out for Rachel.

Rachel and I were heading to the check out counter and I said, “What are you holding in your hand?”

She showed me the CD she intended to buy. The sticker on the label indicated that the price was $18.99. I said, “Do you have that much money?”

She said, “Yes.” But when I asked her to show me, she opened her wallet and produced one ten dollar bill.

I said, “You don’t have enough money. That will cost over $19 dollars with tax and you only have ten dollars.” But she continued walking to the check-out counter with me. I repeated myself, “You don’t have enough money for that CD, Rachel.”

When we got to the check out counter Rachel handed her CD to the clerk.  (Alright, I admit, I was going to chip in the extra money she needed for her purchase.) The clerk looked at the CD and said, “Oh, this is on sale.”

I said, “What?”

She said, “Yeah, there’s a discount version of this same CD, it’s on that rack over there. Hold on a second, I’ll go get it for you.”…..When she came back, she rang up the CD and said, “That will be nine dollars and eighty-seven cents.”
 
Rachel handed the clerk her ten dollar bill and received 13 cents in change.

As we got in the car to leave Rachel said, “That was nice.”

I said, “Yes, it was.”

See what I mean? Things seem to work out for Rachel.

No comments: