Thursday, November 26, 2009

Spread The Word Around...Guess Who's Back In Town



Dear E-Flash Friends;
 
It’s Thanksgiving Day, about 10:50pm and I’m so excited about this Sunday that I had to sit down and send out this quick E-Flash.
 
You say, “Dan, what are you so excited about?”
 
I’m glad you asked….Last spring we had a Sunday where the “guys” from the worship team led the service.  It really seemed to go well and we received a lot of positive feedback.  In fact, following the service, many people said, “That was…um…well, let’s see…how can I put this?…um…that was really something.”
 
You can’t get a much more glowing endorsement than that!  You know what I mean?
 
So, a little while ago we (the guys) told Roxanne that we’d like to have another service led by the “guys”.  (Roxanne creates the schedule of the various singers and musicians for the services.) Roxanne said, “That would be…um…well, let’s see…how can I put this?…um…that would be really something.”
 
We’re talking MOMENTUM, now!  You know what I mean?
 
I mention all that to tell you that it’s happening!  And, in all seriousness, it’s going to be fun, exciting, and encouraging!  We (the guys) really want to give praise and glory and honor to the Lord Jesus Christ—He deserves it!  And we feel really compelled to bring a big dose of encouragement and joy to our church family.  So, I hope you will plan to be here this Sunday, Nov. 29th, 9am or 11am.
 
Some of you who have been around for a while, like me, might remember a song by a group called Thin Lizzy, back in the 70’s, titled:  “The Boys Are Back In Town”.  Part of the lyric of the song says, “Spread the word around…guess who’s back in town.”  Well, for this Sunday, “Spread the word around…guess who’s back in church.”
 
Hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving Day.  And hope to see you Sunday!
 
 
Dan
 
 
P.S.  You never know, we might hear a special version of “The Guys Are Back In Church” on Sunday.  (I’m just saying:  it’s possible.)
 

3 comments:

Mary said...

Can't wait! I think you should tape the worship part along with the actual lesson. :)

Dan Marler said...

Mary, this suggestion has come up a number of time, however, we are not allowed to tape the music portion and make it available to people because of copyright legalities.

I would like to tape it, too.

Mary said...

Ah, I forgot about that. That's too bad.