Monday, September 1, 2014

Hard Work Is Under-Appreciated!

Hard work is under-appreciated.

Oh I know, lots of people have jobs they really dislike. So you may read that first sentence and think, “The guy who wrote this must be slightly lacking in the intelligence department.”

(Note: Opinions regarding my intelligence vary and the evidence, so far, seems to be inconclusive.)

But studies on happiness have revealed that, believe it or not, most people are actually happier when they are working. Really!

In addition to that, we were created to be productive and to accomplish worthwhile objectives. These pursuits do not come without effort, they require work.

Work is a good thing.

I understand that rest and recreation are important, too. So, if you’re off of work today, I hope you have a great time. Hey, perhaps you could go buy a mattress, I’ve been seeing lots of ads for them on TV!

But when you go back to work tomorrow be thankful, be happy, be motivated. Confuse everyone at the workplace by giving them a big hug and telling them, “I love being here with you. It’s great, isn’t it?”

Happy Labor Day! 

No comments: