Sunday, September 14, 2014

I Got My Cookies After All

Last night I posted a story about going to the new Mariano’s by my house.  In the story, I mentioned that I was going to buy a box of oatmeal raisin cookies but the check-out lines were very long so I put the cookies back on the shelf and left.

Many people told me they felt deeply saddened and spent a couple of hours crying when they heard I did not get my cookies.  It’s an understandable reaction since it is incredibly heartbreaking to discover that a slightly overweight man did not get his box of cookies.  Even now I suspect some of you are wiping tears from your eyes.

So you can understand my surprise when I walked into my office after the second service today and saw a box on my desk.  “What is this all about?” I wondered.

As I got close enough to see clearly a huge smile broke out on my face.  It was a box of oatmeal raisin cookies from Mariano’s!  I began laughing.  These words were written on the box:  “Pastor Dan.  Enjoy!”  It was from my friends Voe, Karen and Matt Zintak.

What a great surprise!  And the cookies are REALLY REALLY good, I might add.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful gift Voe, Karen and Matt!

Love and blessings, Dan.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like their chocolate chip!