Thursday, July 11, 2013

Why I Share God Stuff

Several years ago, a good friend suggested that I get on Facebook.  I was a bit reluctant but I figured, “Oh well, let’s give it a try and see what happens.”

I hoped to share a few fun stories and, hopefully, spread a little humor. 

(By the way, it hasn’t escaped my attention that my humorous stories that get the best response are the ones that reveal my weaknesses, mistakes and foolishness.  Hmm…)

But I also wanted to write some things that would be thoughtful, sincere and helpful.

So, you may notice that I frequently write on Facebook and other social media forums about God and my faith in Christ.  Please understand, I don’t do this because I believe myself to be holier than others or as an attempt “force my religion” on people. 

Some of my friends have no interest in this “God stuff.”  I am aware of that reality.

But I hope you will understand that the reality of God and my love for Him is the essential truth of my life.  It would be dishonest for me to attempt to write things that are important and true and not mention God.

It is my desire to express truth in my writing.  I am thankful for your patience and respect with my understanding of these matters.  I will always attempt to extend that same respect to you.

Love and blessings,
Dan



No comments: