Thursday, July 4, 2013

E-Flash From Dan, July 4, 2013

Dear E-Flash Friends;

I was just reading a portion of the “Declaration of Independence” (yeah, I know, I’m a guy who really likes to live it up!) and I was reminded again of the courage, intelligence, faith and resolve of our country’s founding fathers. 

One of the lines in the document that caught my attention refers to the fact that the signers of the Declaration were appealing “to the Supreme Judge of the world” on behalf of their cause.  They understood and they acknowledged a higher authority than the powerful “British Crown” or, for that matter, any earthly ruler.  I believe that is an indication of their wisdom.

What they did is noble and inspiring and we have benefitted greatly from the country that they founded.  I realize that these men weren’t perfect and that our country is not without its flaws.  But I am still impressed by what they did and I am, still, deeply, deeply grateful to live in a place with the kind of extraordinary freedoms and opportunities that we enjoy.

My hope and prayer is that your 4th of July is happy, safe and enjoyable.   As we celebrate the independence of our country I am also hoping that we are acknowledging this Higher Authority to whom our country’s founders appealed.  He has blessed me far beyond what I deserve and I’m trusting that you recognize and appreciate His many blessings in your life, too!

Happy Independence Day!

May God bless the U.S.A.

Love and blessings,

Dan


P.S.  We will be having great services this Sunday.  The worship team is planning wonderful music and Chris is bringing a message on the work of the Holy Spirit that will inspire and encourage you!  You won’t want to miss it.


P.P.S.  If you have a minute and a half (come on, that’s only 90 seconds) I invite you to listen to a new episode of the “A Minute And A Half of God Stuff” podcast for 7/4/13.






No comments: