Monday, March 14, 2016

Is It Possible My Life Is Not As Interesting As I Thought It Was?

I took a drive onto the grounds of the Midlothian country club today. I was doing this out of curiosity, since we happened to be in the area. As we drove the winding road past the main club house I pointed and said to Rachel, “That’s where I worked my first real job. This was before I was 16 years old. I was a dishwasher in the restaurant there. I don’t remember for sure but I think I was paid about $1.95 per hour.”

I thought she might find this autobiographical history lesson from my life to be of interest. To learn these types of facts about your father’s journey can be quite engaging.

She said, “Oh.” Then she reclined the car seat and went back to sleep.

…It’s hard to know with certainty but this may help explain why no publishers have any interest in my memoirs.

(Just wait till I drive past the shoe store where I used to work.)

No comments: