Saturday, March 19, 2016

First Dance At Ray And Rita's Wedding

My friends Ray and Rita were married in a lovely ceremony today. At the reception we were

all hoping they would dazzle us with some of their fancy footwork.

It is no secret Ray moves with a lightness, a precision and a grace that makes professional dancers look like they are stumbling around in a dark room wearing heavy, concrete-filled work boots. (Much of what Michael Jackson knew about dancing he learned from Ray, whom Jackson affectionately called “that guy with the sweet moves who digs Rita.”)

Well as you can see in the picture they did not disappoint! It was a marvel to behold. Twirling, fancy footwork, 2 or 3 backflips… they did it all.

I asked Ray and Rita if it would be alright with them for me to post a photo on social media.

Ray chuckled and said, “I would be shocked if you did not.” Then he and Rita laughed and clinked their glasses together.

Several moments later security personnel came and confiscated my camera.

…That’s why I always carry a second camera.

Seriously though, the dancing was terrific.

Congratulations to a wonderful couple!

Love and many blessings to you,

Dan


No comments: