Monday, March 7, 2016

An Extra Measure of Strength From God

Sometimes God gives us an extra measure of strength for the challenging tasks of life. I saw an example of this today.

My friend Jennifer sang a touching and emotionally potent song at the funeral service of a baby girl. To sing a lyrically moving song in this type of setting is not easy. The possibility of becoming completely overwhelmed, emotionally, is very real. Jennifer did an extraordinary job and her song was a gift which ministered beautifully to everyone present, including the grieving mother and father of the child.

It was a wonderful moment during a time of grief. I had tears in my eyes throughout the entire song and so did many others.

Afterward I said to Jennifer, “I think God gave you special strength for that one.”

She said, “He definitely did.”

His presence and strength in Jennifer was a blessing for me to behold.

No comments: