Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Keeping Me Company At Walmart

I went to Walmart to pick up my medications. As I was checking out I noticed that one of the medications was missing.

The technician who was helping me said, "We can fill the missing prescription but it will take about 15 minutes. Can you wait?"

I said, "Yeah, I can wait."

So that's how I found myself wandering around Walmart killing time. I quickly wound up in the DVD section and after looking around a bit I glanced at my watch and noticed that 6 minutes and 27 seconds passed. I let out a deep sigh. I was thinking that, for sure, about 15 or 16 minutes had elapsed.

No such luck.

Eight minutes and thirty three seconds to go! Now what?

I hit myself in the forehead. The answer was obvious. Write a story about this fun experience and post it online. (By the way I should have been just a little bit softer with the hit to the forehead. I think I'm going to have a red mark.)

Anyhow I've written this story and I'm preparing to post it and... hey, look! Seventeen minutes have passed! Time to go pick up that other prescription.

It's been nice talking with you. Thanks for keeping me company.

No comments: