Monday, February 3, 2014

Van Troubles And A Happiness Theory

Rachel and I walked out of a store in Crestwood and jumped in the van.  When we turned the key to start it, however, I quickly got that unpleasant feeling I always get when it becomes obvious that the vehicle is not going to start.

It’s similar to the feeling I get when a doctor says, “We found something that concerns us…”

So, we called a tow truck and he said, “I’m on my way…!”

“…in about an hour.”

But, actually, he arrived about in about 25 minutes.  That was a pleasant surprise.

The van is now at our mechanic’s shop and he has not called to tell us what the problem is, yet.  But earlier today I posted a thought about choosing to be happy and wouldn’t you agree that it’s a bit ironic that my theory is being tested so quickly?

I mean, sheesh!!!  You’d think it would be at least a few days after my “happiness” post before I’d have to mess with stalled cars, tow trucks, and pricing estimates from mechanics.




No comments: