Sunday, February 23, 2014

Lucy Peed On My Bed

Rachel was holding our new puppy, Lucy, on my bed.  We’re working on housebreaking Lucy.  She’s still young and, as you know, these things take time.  So I said to Rachel, “Keep an eye on her, Rachel.  Make sure Lucy does not go potty on my bed.”

“Alright,” said Rachel with great confidence.  And I must admit, I was convinced she had things under control.  After all, she said, “Alright.”  That suggests she was fully aware, in charge, and ever-vigilant.  Right?

It was literally less than 15 seconds later that I turned to see Lucy staring at me with her innocent puppy eyes and a look of contentment as she calmly christened my bed.  For such a little dog she really does have a lot of… um… well… uh… you know what?… never mind… that’s probably something that doesn’t need further elaboration.

“LUCYYYYY!!!!!!!!” I screamed.  Then I said, “Rachel, you said you were going to watch her!”

“Alright,” said Rachel.  Again, with a good bit of confidence.

In retrospect, as I sit writing these words, it occurs to me that I really should have seen this one coming.


No comments: