Thursday, February 20, 2014

Solving The Wrong Line Problem

If I'm at a store or restaurant with several cashiers I always choose the wrong line. The slowest line. The line in which someone has trouble paying. The line in which the cashier is a new trainee and does not actually know how the register functions. The line in which the cashier is actually a mannequin but I don't notice until 10 minutes of pointless waiting has elapsed.

So I've decided upon a new strategy. And I'm sharing it with you here because that's the kind of generous guy I am. Here's the new strategy: I will very carefully, very deliberately choose a line to stand in. Then, having made my choice, I will get in any other line except the one I've chosen since the one I choose is always the wrong one!

I hope you folks are nodding your heads in silent appreciation of the brilliance of this plan.

No comments: