Monday, February 10, 2014

Who Is Responsible For Me?

Here is today’s brief “unpopular rant:”  It is not the responsibility of someone else to make my life easy for me.  It is my responsibility to work hard, be diligent, industrious, conscientious and do the best I can with the gifts I have been given.

I’ve actually hesitated for several days to post these thought because I figured it would probably bother some people.  And then I thought, “How is it possible that concepts like responsibility, diligence, industriousness and conscientiousness would be bothersome or controversial?”

You cannot read tone of voice when it comes to written words, so, I will tell you I write these words with the intention of being loving, kind, gracious and helpful:  If we create a culture in which the majority of people no longer believe they have some measure of personal responsibility for their lives we are creating something dangerous and unsustainable.

Taking responsibility for our lives is not easy, but it is good and it is right.



No comments: