Sunday, October 26, 2014

Is That For Here Or To Go?

It happened again.

I walked into a fast food joint all by myself.  At the counter, I ordered over $18 worth of food.  This included a jumbo hot dog, a double-cheeseburger, a bowl of soup, a large order of cheese fries, some drinks and an extra-large pizza.

The clerk said, “Does that complete your order?”

I said, “Yes, it does.”

(Okay, I’m just kidding about the extra-large pizza, but I’m serious about the other stuff.)

The clerk said, “Is that for here or to go?”

At this point in the story I’d like you to pause and allow that question sink in for a moment.

“Is that for here or to go?”

I remind you that I was standing at the counter all by myself.  In other words, the clerk looked me over as I stood before her and thought there was a possibility I would stay at the restaurant, sit down at a table and eat this entire order.


I can’t wait to tell this story to my cardiologist.

No comments: