Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Pride And Arrogance I See In Others Is Also True of Me

Occasionally when I listen to other preachers I can detect pride or arrogance in the person and I’ll think to myself, “Tsk, tsk.  This guy is supposed to be honoring and glorifying Jesus.  His ego is shameful.”

When this has happened, however, there have been several times when an unwelcome realization has hit me.  What I have come to realize is that I am so sensitive to this quality in others because this pride and arrogance is also true of me. 

I hate when that happens.

Jesus said something that definitely applies to me, in this regard.  He said, “You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.”  Matthew 7:5


No comments: