Sunday, January 19, 2014

At The Drive-Thru With Jasper

I took Jasper for a short little ride in the car with me today.  As usual he cried and whimpered the whole time.  We’re not sure why, but that’s what he typically does.  He cries when he’s in the car.

When I got to the drive-thru speaker I told Jasper, “Shh, be quiet.  It’s okay. You have to be quiet now.”  (Jasper doesn’t answer when I talk to him but he does understand English.)

As soon as the young woman’s voice came on the speaker saying, “How may I help you?” Jasper started whimpering again.

It must have sounded strange and a little bit difficult to interpret on the other end of the speaker where the young woman was stationed because she said, “Is everything alright, sir?”

I laughed because I’m pretty sure she thought that was me making an odd sound.

I said, “Yeah, I’m okay.  But I need some McNuggets…and fast!”

They had my food ready immediately.


No comments: