Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Mistake? Buying Glitter

Earlier this week I bought Rachel some kind of inexpensive toy that involves glitter.  

I should mention that I am totally aware of the fact that buying glitter is always a mistake.  But I was just trying to get out of the store, I wasn’t thinking carefully, and I ended up bringing glitter into the house.

If you are yelling at me through your computer, right now, saying, “Are you out of your mind?!?”

The answer would appear to be: Yes, I’m afraid so.

Every evening this week as I have looked in the mirror and brushed my teeth, before bed time, I have seen a few specks of glitter somewhere on my face.  It’s not very easy to remove.  And if you use the toothbrush to remove it there’s a possibility that, at some later point, there will be glitter on your teeth.  (At least, that’s what I’ve been told by others who had glitter on their teeth.  This is certainly not first-hand knowledge.)

This morning while I was talking with someone at the health club I perceived that the person kept looking above my eyes toward my forehead.  At first I thought, “Finally!  All of this working out appears to be making my forehead much more fit and attractive.  What a pay-off!”

But later, in the locker room, I saw that there was glitter on my forehead.  That’s what the person kept looking at.

Fortunately, I know that getting rid of all the glitter is no big deal.  It just requires a little time, a little effort, and a little patience.  In 6 or 7 years, or so, it will be gone.


No comments: