Thursday, January 9, 2014

E-Flash From Dan, January 9, 2014

Dear E-Flash Friends;

Guess what?  We are supposed to have a high temperature of 40 degrees this Sunday!  Wow!  Can you believe it?  There’s a heat wave coming.  No kidding.  I just looked it up on weather.com.  And everyone knows that weather forecasters have to get their predictions right or they are in big trouble!  I may dig out the inflatable pool, fill it up, and have a little swim party after the morning services.

Speaking of the morning services, we are going to be continuing with our Exodus series this Sunday, January 12th.   I haven’t only been playing around in the sun the past few days, I have been working on the message, too.  Really.  I have been writing a little bit every day for the past 5 days and most of it is written.   I promise to have all of the message ready by Sunday!  J

And I’m looking forward to talking about one of the great stories of the Old Testament: the story of Moses leading the people of Israel as they escape through the Red Sea.  It’s a great tale of God’s power, protection and activity.  It prompted “awe” from God’s people.  I’m believing that we’re all going to be blessed and I’m hoping we will be awestruck by our great God, too.  You won’t want to miss it!

If that’s not enough, the worship team is planning some great music to help us give praise to God, as well.  Sounds great, doesn’t it?

I’m guessing that since we had such terrible weather last week, this will be the first Sunday of the new year at church for many of us.  Hope to see you Sunday.

Love and blessings,

Dan



No comments: