Thursday, May 9, 2013

A Bit of Good Timing Works Out My Way!







I went to the Apple Store today because my iPod has been malfunctioning.  The employee at the store examined my device, asked me a question and determined that it could not be fixed.

“When did you purchase this iPod?” he queried.

I told him, “I don’t remember for sure.”

“Was your purchase within the past year?”

“I think it was, but I’m just not sure.”

So, he looked it up on in their system and he said, “Boy, you are in luck.  There are only 11 days remaining on your warranty.  But it is still under warranty.”

“I only had 11 more days until the warranty expired?” I said.

“Yep!”

“What does that mean?”

“It means I can replace this broken one with a new iPod, free of charge!”

Those are very nice words to hear when your equipment is broken: “replace” and “free of charge.”  Yea, Apple Store.  Thanks!

So, there it is.  Eleven days.  That was pretty close, huh?  Every once in a while a bit of good timing works out my way.

No comments: