Sunday, March 28, 2010

Test...How Many?

Approximately one time each week—as part of my push-up work-out—I do a test to determine the maximum number of push-ups I can execute, non-stop, with proper form.  (I know, the level of excitement in my life is frighteningly low.)  I did that test tonight and the number was…..

Drum roll, please…..

Here it is….

I’m not kidding around, now….

Really, this is it…..

Thirty-eight push-ups!  Alright, sure, that’s a heck of a long way from 100 push-ups (the goal).  But when I started this routine I could only do about 20 proper push-ups, so “38” is progress.  I’m getting there.  I started the push-up routine in 1986, so, admittedly, the progress is slow, but, hey, progress is progress, right?

To reward myself for this progress, I’m going to Dairy Queen with Nadia and Rachel in just a few minutes and I’m going to eat a large triple banana split with extra chocolate syrup!  I’ve heard that dark chocolate is actually an extremely healthy food.  It’s loaded with anti-oxidants.  So, this is sort of like a cleansing and purifying ritual for my body.

Yeah…that’s right.  Sure.  Yep, this is like having a special health food concoction.  In the long run, this triple banana split with the extra chocolate syrup will probably BURN calories and cause me to lose weight.  You know what I mean?  In fact, now I’m getting nervous.  I hope this Dairy Queen treat doesn’t cause me to drop too much weight, too quickly.  That wouldn’t be healthy.

I’m glad you are all following this air-tight logic.  Because it makes perfect sense to me.

Okay, that’s my report.  Gotta’ run!
  



[*NOTE:  I’m just kidding, Paul.  We’re not going to Dairy Queen.  Actually, I had a salad for supper tonight.  Really.  I did.  See what a good boy I am?  ….I’ll tell you this, though, it’s amazing how much better lettuce tastes with chocolate syrup.]











That's right, your eyes are not 
deceiving you.  I'm doing one arm
push-ups the way Bruce Lee used
to do them.  Notice how helpful
Jasper is with this type of activity.

No comments: