Friday, March 26, 2010

A Doctor Visit

I was being checked out by my doctor today and in the course of the exam, he said, “So, how are you feeling?”

I said, “I’m feeling good.  I’m feeling strong.”  And then, I told him, “Oh, by the way, I’m working with a guy at my church who is a personal trainer and he’s helping me train so that I can do 100 push-ups.”

My doctor had been looking down writing in my chart but when I mentioned ‘100 push-ups’ he looked up quickly with a startled expression on his face.  “Really?” he said.

(I should have told him that when the youth in our church do an impersonation of me that’s how they do it.  They say, “Really?!?”…in a very exaggerated manner—fairly similar to the way he just said it to me.  But I didn’t.)

“Yeah,” I told him, “I’m still relatively early in the training process, but I’m going to do 100 push-ups.”

At first, he had a puzzled look on his face, but then he broke into a big grin.  And then, he started laughing.  And he continued laughing harder and harder.  After a while, he stood up and walked out of the examination room, holding his stomach and laughing all the way.

….You know what?  I’m taking that as a hearty and enthusiastic “YES!” from my doctor.

Yep, I’m feeling strong!











This isn't really a picture of my doctor.
This is Dr. Leo Spaceman from the
show "30 Rock".  I thought it might
be best not to include a real picture
of my doctor.  He's shy.

No comments: