Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What A Day!

The bank sign that you see in this picture is about 2 blocks from my house.  I don’t know if you can see the temperature that’s indicated on the bank sign, or not.  I know the image is a little bit faint, but, if you can see it you will notice that it indicates a temperature of 81 degrees!

Yes, you read that right.  Today is March 31st and it’s 81 degrees!!!!  Whoo Hooo!

According to the historical data provided on the Weather Channel web site, the average high temperature for Oak Lawn, Illinois on March 31st is 53 degrees.  It is 28 degrees higher than normal.  (See?  You do use math after you get out of school.)

What we have on our hands is a sunny day with a temperature of 81 degrees!  My friend Kevin (who follows the weather closely, like I do) sent me a message at 5:30 this morning telling me that we were going to have a beautiful day.  And, boy, was he right!

The meteorological term for this weather is:  “Awesome!!!”  And in the scientific literature that term is often followed by the word “dude”. 

(This is especially true if the author of the scientific literature does a lot of surfing.)

By the way, I’m sitting in my office typing this notice.  So, we finally have the long-awaited final confirmation that, yes, I am nuts!  What am I doing in my office?!?

Actually, correct that.  I’m leaving this office and I’m getting up and going outside….

HOLD ON.


….…Okay, I’m back.  I’m now sitting outside in the church courtyard finishing this note on my laptop.  And if that’s what I think it is that just landed on my head, then a flock of birds must be flying over head.

You know, some days, I just can’t win.

……But it is still AWESOME outside!    ..…Dude!


No comments: