Monday, January 18, 2010

Sorry, But I'm Not At Liberty To Divulge All The Details...You Know How It Is, "Top Secret"


Last night, someone was knocking on my door and when I went to answer, it was a guy who I used to do some work with and he was bleeding from a serious shoulder wound.

As he stumbled into my house, my heart was racing.  I said, “What are you doing here?  What’s going on!?!?  What happened to you?!?”

He said, “You’ve got to help me.  I know about an assassination attempt that’s going to take place today!”

I said, “What?!?  What have you gotten into…..”

Oh, wait a minute.  Hold it.  I’m sorry…I got confused for a moment there and forgot whose life that was.  That’s not my life, that’s Jack Bauer’s life.  The scenario with the injured guy at the front door is part of what happened in the first episode of “24” last night.

What I actually did last night was go see a couple of sets by a band that was doing 60’s British Invasion music, ate some pizza, read a couple of chapters of a book on Christian history, and I watched “24”.  Jack Bauer is back!

It was the first episode of the last season of “24” and this is what happens to me every time a new season starts.  I get excited for a couple of days and think that I’m Jack Bauer.  I know, it’s really dumb.  I’m embarrassed.  I’ve been really impressionable, like this, ever since I was a little kid.

But you know what’s even stranger, though?  This is odd, but I’ve heard that when the first episode of a new season of “24” starts, Kiefer Sutherland gets all excited and thinks he’s me.  Really.  He eats some pizza, he spends a good bit of time reading Christian books, and he writes a few pages of a sermon—which is downright bizarre when you consider the fact that he isn’t planning on delivering a sermon at anytime in the near future.  And even more bizarre, still, when you realize he has no idea who I am.

Weird, huh?

Strange things happen when a new season of “24” gets underway.

Uh oh, sorry, but I’ve gotta run.  Really, I’m very sorry but…that’s Chloe calling!




No comments: