Wednesday, January 6, 2010

E-Flash From Dan, Jan. 6, 2010

Dear E-Flash Friends;

I’m just in from saving the life of a little frog with Rachel.  You can read about our courageous exploits at the post listed below titled:  "Saving Lives Is Tough Work….But Somebody's Gotta' Do It".

Well…alright…it didn’t really take that much “courage” but at least we’re out there trying.

Just thought I’d touch base and let you know that this Sunday I’m planning to speak from a scriptural text that involves a story of the raging waves on the sea (Luke 8:22-25).  It seems, sort of, appropriate that I prepared a portion of this message while I was sitting and looking at the waves of the sea.  (They weren’t “raging” waves, but they were waves.)

The story expressed in the passage also involves a storm and, sure enough, I’m told that I will quite possibly be experiencing a storm, firsthand, as well.  We’re leaving to drive home tomorrow, Thursday Jan. 7th, and my weather watcher friends back in Chicago are telling me that a snowstorm is being forecast for the Midwest area that day.  So, I should definitely be in the proper frame of mind—after the waves and the snowstorm—to talk about Luke 8:22-25 on Sunday.

I hope you’re planning to be at church on Sunday.  I’m looking forward to seeing you all.  We’re not going to let a little snow stop us, right?  Come on, we’re Chicagoans, “snow” is our middle name!  I’m driving over a thousand miles just to be there!  (And just for good measure, I’m going to walk 5 miles…uphill…barefoot…carrying a load of firewood…on my way to church this Sunday.)

Oh yeah, one other thing, if you would be willing to offer a prayer for our traveling safety, we would definitely appreciate it!  Seriously, we would appreciate it.  Thanks!

Love and blessings…and see you soon!

Dan


*NOTE:  If you would like to have the E-Flash From Dan sent directly to your e-mail, just send an e-mail message to....cog111st@aol.com
and write:  "Please send me the E-Flash" in the subject field.



No comments: