Friday, April 22, 2016

God's Approval Is Its Own Reward

There may be times when the person who is being obedient to God will feel like a lone voice crying in the wilderness. Obedience to God may not be popular, it may go against the prevailing norms of a particular culture. Obedience to God may, by some measures, be costly.

It’s alright, though, because obedience to God is right.

I’ve observed Christian leaders who seemed to be seeking pity from others for their willingness to be obedient to God during times when it was difficult to be obedient to God. In fact, I hate to admit it but I’ve probably done that myself on a few occasions.

There is no need to take pity on the person who is being obedient to God, even if the person faces significant obstacles or difficulty. God’s approval is what matters. God’s love will sustain. God’s grace is sufficient. God is good!

The joy of pleasing the One whose opinion matters most is its own reward.

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 1 Cor. 12:9


“The joy of the Lord is your strength.” Nehemiah 8:10

No comments: