Sunday, December 13, 2015

Yia Yia Palooza and My Bruce Lee Present

At Yia Yia Palooza, this evening, I enjoyed the singing, the joke-telling, the dancing, the outstanding story-telling and the “all in” commitment of the worship team’s version of 12 Days of Christmas. (This version of the 12 Days of Christmas was fun, hilarious and just a tiny bit puzzling all at the same time. It was surely the most entertaining version of the song I’ve seen.)

But one of my favorite moments of the night came after the program was over and Faith walked up to me holding out a gift bag.

I said, “What is this?”

She said, “It’s for you.”

“For me?” I asked.

“Yes, it’s a Christmas present.”

I reached into the bag with curiosity and pulled out a Bruce Lee figurine collector’s item.

“This is AWESOME!!!” I cried out in joy. That’s right, joy! Just like we’ve been talking about at church for the past few weeks.

Ahhh… the magic of Christmas.





No comments: