Tuesday, December 15, 2015

People Can Be A Challenge

Sometimes I just don’t want to give people a break because I’m irritated, angry, frustrated and hurt by what I perceive to be their nonsense and even their antagonistic behavior. People can be a challenge, can't they?

But what I’ve learned from God is people who have been shown mercy and grace ought to be willing to extend mercy and grace to others. It is the right thing for mercy and grace recipients to do.

So then the question becomes: “Hey Dan, have you been shown mercy and grace?”

And of course the answer is: God has been more merciful and gracious to me than I could ever possibly be to another person. Therefore, with His help I extend mercy and grace and even as I do so I realize it is the right thing to do.

This does not mean I reject the truth. God will never ask us to abandon the truth. Ever. It means that even as I recognize the truth I lovingly offer mercy and grace, too.

No comments: