Friday, December 4, 2015

We're On Our Way

As we were boarding our very full flight Nadia noticed a seat at the very front of the plane was open.

She said, "You should grab that seat!"

It's helpful for me to have some leg room because I have a slightly higher chance than the average person of having blood clots.

I said, "That seat has to be taken already."

Nadia said, "Ask if it's taken."

So I looked at the woman sitting next to the open seat and I asked, "Is that seat taken?"

She seemed incredibly disappointed to hear me ask, but with reluctance and great sadness in her eyes she slowly nodded her head indicating the seat was open.

Wow! Jackpot! A seat in the very front of the plane even though it was already mostly full! I sat down and immediately took off my shoes and socks.

(Not really. I wrote that last sentence for those who are familiar with "Planes Trains & Automobiles.")

So we are on our way to a very distant destination for a very short time

No comments: