Thursday, November 19, 2015

Making The Important Connections Between What We've Sown And What We Reap

I’ve been working with people who have difficulties, problems, struggles and hurts for over 22 years, as a pastor.

I’ve noticed that occasionally there will be people who tend to have problems and troubles over and over again. It is possible this is not their fault. It may be they are truly victims in some way or another. It is not my intention to pile on those who have already had plenty of difficulty and struggle. I recognize that for some people, the troubles may involve issues which are genuinely beyond their control and unrelated to their own actions.

But I have also noticed in some cases there are people who see no correspondence between their constant troubles and their own attitudes, actions and choices. They only see themselves as victims and they see all the troubles as issues that are initiated outside of themselves.

“Someone else has done this to me,” they say. Every time.

“The circumstances of life are stacked against me. Poor me,” they say. Every time.

These are the people who cannot seem to understand why their problems and difficulties are never-ending. And they are unable to see their role in what is happening.

This passage of scripture could be of great value to them if they would be willing to open their eyes to the truth it conveys: “Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.” Galatians 6:7

I do not write this to tear anyone down. Actually, I write this to express an unavoidable and very important reality of life. I write this as a caution and reminder to myself. I write this in love and out of a desire to offer helpful truth to those who are willing to recognize the truth.

No comments: