Sunday, November 22, 2015

Could God Do Something Profound In A Church Service?

Some people think of church services as stodgy, dull, boring, dry, predictable events at which very little of interest or value could happen. I’ve been to a lifetime of church services and I’m aware of that reality.

And it is why I sit here on Sunday morning thinking like this: Could God do something good, helpful, challenging, important, interesting and even surprising in the midst of a church service?

Of course, you already know my answer. I’m expecting something significant to happen in our services today. I’m believing God will be here and people will connect with Him. I’m trusting that our lives will be impacted and we will draw closer to God and to His truth.

Prayer: “Lord, surprise us today. May we know that in our time at the service this morning, we had a genuine encounter with you.”


You are invited to join us…

First Church of God
4600 W. 111th Street
Oak Lawn, IL

Service times:  9am and 11am


No comments: