Saturday, November 7, 2015

Fascinating Interactions Everywhere I Go

Two elderly women were sitting at a nearby table at a restaurant this afternoon and I began to notice they were pointing at me and whispering. This continued for close to a minute or so… pointing and whispering and occasionally nodding, as if they knew something.

Finally, one of the women asked me, “Are you retired?”

I said, “No, I look a little bit older than my age, but I’m not retired yet.”

The other woman said, “See? I told you!”

I smiled, chuckled a bit and nodded my head.

Then one of them said, “Just wait until you get on Medicaid. It stinks!”

The other one said, “Yeah! I don’t like it!”

I nodded to indicate I heard her but she thought I was nodding to agree that I did not like Medicaid, as well.

She said to her friend, “See? He doesn’t like it either.”

I quickly said, “No! No! I don’t know anything about it. I just nodded to indicate that I heard you!”

They both looked at me suspiciously and that was the end of our conversation.

I seem to attract these kinds fascinating and insightful interactions everywhere I go.

No comments: