Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Does The Truth Exist?

If a person tells you “the truth is not knowable” a great question to ask would be this: “Aren’t you claiming something is true with your statement? Aren’t you claiming to know that what you just told me is true?”

You see, if we consider the matter logically, this statement is self-defeating: the truth does not exist.

It’s actually sort of amusing in a way. In order to deny the existence of truth you have to claim to know something true.

(Okay I admit, I’m easily amused.)

Jesus believed in the existence of truth.

Sometimes the truth is hard to hear, acknowledge and confront. The truth can be inconvenient and uncomfortable, but it is what it is, nevertheless. I agree with Jesus, the truth exists.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.” [Jesus] John 14:6

No comments: