Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Six Surefire Ways To Know Whether Someone Is Lying To You

It’s not always easy to determine if someone is telling the truth, or not. These carefully tested clues can help.

You can be reasonably certain a person is lying to you if…

1)    During a 5 minute conversation he says the phrase, “I’m not going to lie to you...” more than 7 times.

2)    She tries to assure you several times saying, “Don’t worry, what you’ve told me is going to stay between you and me.” But she can never complete the phrase because she is laughing too hard.

3)    He says, “During my 40 years in politics…”

4)    For some unexplainable reason his pants actually catch fire while he’s talking.

5)    She says, “If you don’t believe me just ask so-and-so.” But when you say, “Maybe I will double-check that with so-and-so. Do you have her number?” She excuses herself to go to the restroom and then sneaks out the window.

6)    When you say, “Wow, that’s hard to believe.” He gets a surprised expression on his face and points behind you saying, “Oh my goodness. Look!!!” You turn to look but don’t see anything. When you turn back around again, he is gone.


Dan Marler
Oak Lawn, IL

No comments: