Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Go Out And Live Life Even If It Means Failing Once In A While

I have tried some things in life and failed in ways that are truly embarrassing.

I don’t like failing. It stings. That’s fairly obvious since no one likes failing, huh?

Also, I hate to humiliate myself. It’s bad enough to live through an embarrassing experience when it actually happens. But I have this tendency to go back in my mind and revisit embarrassing experiences. I know I’m not supposed to do this and I try avoid it but sometimes I find myself thinking this way, anyhow.

I have thought with such vividness about past embarrassing failures that I turned red even though I was sitting in a room alone and the experience happened 35 or 40 years ago.

Even with these truths in mind, however, I still believe it is important to try things. It’s important to step out and take the risk of engaging in pursuits that might fail. God gives us one life here in this earthly realm. This life is meant to be embraced. It is meant to be engaged in. It is meant to be a terrific adventure.

God gave us the extraordinary gift of life expecting us to get going and live it!


No comments: