Friday, September 25, 2015

Glory To God Rather Than Stroking The Ego

Whenever a person steps onto a platform in church, in front of a congregation, there is a temptation to allow ego and pride to get in the way of giving glory to God.

These kinds of thoughts can prevail: “I wonder what they think of me?” Or, “I hope they notice and appreciate my skill and talent.” Rather than thoughts along these lines: “To God be the glory.”

It is helpful for anyone who stands in front of others communicating about God to be a private worshiper of God. Focusing on God rather than self must be a regular part of a person’s life, not just something we try to do in the moments we walk onto the platform.

P.S. You’ve just read another one of the many posts in which I am primarily challenging myself because of my own tendencies before attempting to instruct others.


No comments: