Thursday, November 27, 2014

Much To Be Thankful For

Research has shown that gratitude and thankfulness are good for us emotionally and even physically.  They have an effect on things like energy levels and alertness.  It has been shown that gratitude and thankfulness affect a person’s willingness to help others.  And so, not surprisingly, it turns out that the old idea which encourages us to “count your blessings” really is good advice.

I am a person who is extraordinarily blessed.  In fact, sometimes when I really consider it honestly it’s surprising for me to recall all the good things that have been given to me.  God is good, kind and gracious. 

(By the way, this doesn’t mean I’ve come to the point at which I never complain anymore, it just means I really shouldn’t complain anymore.  But I do, once in a while.  I’m working on being more mature. I should be there any day, now.)

I can, however, say that I am genuinely thankful.  I pray you have much for which to be thankful today, too.


Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: