Saturday, July 5, 2014

Photo With A Mystery Man

I received a text message a few moments ago from my brother Cam which included the photograph attached to this post.  There are three people in the photo, Cam is on the left, Cam’s son Kyle is on the right and a man in the middle.  The photo was taken today at a wedding reception.

Cam’s text message said, “Does the man in the middle remind u of anyone? Met him @ a wedding today.”

The answer to Cam’s question is an emphatic “YES!”

The man in the middle of this picture bears an uncanny, almost eerie, resemblance to our dad who passed away several years ago.  In fact, if Cam sent the picture and did not tell me the details I would simply assume that the man in the middle of the photo was our dad and that the picture was taken a few years ago while he was still alive.

I don’t know who the mystery man is but as I’ve showed the photo to various family members it has given us all something fun to talk about.


(NOTE:  I wanted to be able to finish this post by writing that the mystery man walked away after the photo was taken and no one on the bride’s side or the groom’s side, or for that matter, none of the guests at the wedding could identify him.   And he was not seen again for the rest of the evening.  That would have been fun, wouldn’t it?  Oh well, maybe the next time we encounter a mystery man…)


No comments: