Sunday, July 27, 2014

Last Night's Dream... But I'm Ready To Go

Last night I had one of my recurring dreams.  In the dream, it is Sunday morning and people are gathering in the sanctuary.  The church service will be starting very soon.  But I’m in my office, at the church, trying to get dressed. 

(I don’t know why I’m getting dressed in my office at the church.  I’m just reporting to you how the dream works, I’m not claiming that it makes sense.)

There is a feeling of tremendous frustration because I know that I need to be in the service, I have a role in the service.  And yet I can’t quite get dressed.  Specifically, I’m having great trouble getting my socks on.  Because there is an urgent time element, I try to dress faster but trying to increase the speed only makes the struggle worse.

In last night’s version of the dream I finally got dressed and rushed out of my office only to realize that I have to go to the restroom.

So, I dashed into the restroom.  Then I woke up.

But even though I was awake and the dream was over I still felt some residual anxiety from my struggle in the dream.

I mention all of this because I want to assure everyone I am at the church fully dressed and I am excited because I believe God is going to do something wonderful today. 

I’m wearing socks (which I was able to put on relatively quickly) and I’m ready to go!



No comments: