Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Accidental Pager Theft

As I got out of the car, after lunch, I stuck my hand into the pocket of my jacket and was surprised when I pulled out the pager from the restaurant.

“Oops!” I said.  When I went to the counter to pick up my order I forgot to put the restaurant’s pager back in the basket.

Just a few seconds later I heard a nearby police siren.

“Wow, they are fast!” I thought to myself.  And I dove under our van.

Fortunately, the police weren’t coming to get me, after all, which is good because my dive under the van was only in my imagination.  So, I would have been very easy to spot and apprehend.

You say, “Dan, you’re going to take the pager back, aren’t you?’’

Of course, I am!  Can’t you tell that I’m not wired up to handle a life of crime?

…Although, I’ve thought about this a good bit and I would prefer if you would all call me “Bugsy,” from now on.

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,


Bugsy Marler

No comments: