Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Overwhelmed By Joy

I picked up a Bible this morning to look for a particular verse but as I was flipping through the pages my eyes fell on this portion of Isaiah 61:10…  “I am overwhelmed with joy in the Lord my God!  For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness.”

That is a remarkable thing to be able to say, isn’t it?  Think about being so filled with joy in the Lord that you actually have the experience of being “overwhelmed” by the feelings.

I believe that is real.  And I believe this kind of joy is something that regular people can experience, it’s not just the unattainable ramblings of an Old Testament prophet.  I hope it is something that everyone who reads this post can experience.  (Come on, it won’t hurt to be open to the possibility of joy, right?)

Have a blessed and joyful day!



No comments: