Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Atheist Regimes Offer Evidence That We Need God

The fact that many of us do not have a great memory for history means we may assume God can be abandoned by a culture and it won’t really matter. Atheistic regimes, however, have been, by far, the most murderous in human history. 

We can walk away from God and convince ourselves there will be no significant consequences.  But that will be a serious mistake. Abandoning God matters. I’m urging us to remember history and think carefully.  If you know me, you know I am not a doom and gloom kind of guy.  Really.  I’m not.  I prefer happy messages, pretty rainbows, splashing in the waves and joking around.  But, I promise you, we will find that a godless culture won’t bode well for us.

Atheist Governments In The 20th Century:

Mao Ze-Dong (China, Tibet)     49-78,000,000 murdered
Jozef Stalin (USSR)       15,000,000 murdered
Pol Pot (Cambodia)      1,700,000 murdered
Kim II Sung (North Korea)   1,600,000 murdered
Tito (Yugoslavia)          570,000

[NOTE: These sad numbers represent atheist leaders killing their own citizens.  And there are more, but you get the point… ]

“The total body count for the ninety years between 1917 and 2007 is approximately 148 million dead at the bloody hands of fifty-two atheists, three times more than all the human beings killed by war, civil war, and individual crime in the entire twentieth century combined.” Vox Day

I don’t write this with a self-righteous attitude.  I’m not wagging a finger at anyone.  In fact, I was hesitant to post this message.  But I’m writing it because I think it’s important to know these things.  My intention is to say this humbly and lovingly:  We need God.



No comments: