Sunday, December 15, 2013

Going To See Santa

I can still remember going to a little outdoor strip mall as a kid to see Santa. 

As I sat on Santa’s lap informing him of the many wonderful toys I wanted for Christmas he turned his head to look at my brother who was standing by his other side and I saw a string going around the back of his head that was attached to his beard.

“What?!?”

I was young but my keen, analytical mind was still able to rapidly interpret this data and come to the realization that the big white beard on this man was fake.  And, of course, that realization quickly led to the unavoidable conclusion that this man was not really Santa!

It was a shocking moment.

And that’s how I came to realize a hard truth.  It is a truth that we all have to acknowledge at some point in life.  The truth that sometimes Santa has to send out other representatives because he can’t be at all the various malls during the busy Christmas season.



No comments: