Saturday, November 9, 2013

I'm In Trouble

When we walked into Taco Bell tonight, Rachel’s eye was immediately drawn toward a sign advertising a new dessert on their menu.  The dessert is called Cinnabon Delights.  The Cinnabon Delights are sort of like a donut hole covered with sugar and cinnamon and filled with cream. 

Rachel ordered the treats (they come 4 in a bag) and I thought, “Uh uh.  No way.  I’m not eating one.  I don’t need it.  No sir!  Not tonight!”

At one point, as we were eating, Rachel took one of the Cinnabon Delights out of the bag and ate it.  She said, “Mmm, this is good.”  And she held the bag toward me. “Here, have one.”

I looked at the size of the “delight” and calculated that it couldn’t be much more than a hundred calories.  As you know, when a person begins estimating the calories of a dessert, the battle is very close to being lost.

“Well, I suppose I can try one of them to determine what they taste like,” I thought.

I popped the Cinnabon delight into my mouth.

Oh man!

Let me say that again:  Ohhhhh man!

What I can tell you is this:  There is now one more reason that Taco Bell is a place I should never go, ever again.  The Cinnabon Delights?  Are really good!

I said to the manager of the Taco Bell, “Steve, these are dangerously good.”

(Yes, I’m on a first-name basis with him, but stop shaking your head at me.)

Steve smiled and, rubbing his hands together like the evil villain in a movie, said, “Yes, they are, aren’t they?”

I’m in trouble.


No comments: