Monday, January 14, 2013

My Book, Collector's Items & Elvis Sightings


I received a “Certificate of Registration” today from the Library of Congress, United States Copyright Office.  It’s a nice, simple but authoritative-looking document informing me that my book is officially registered and copyrighted with the Library of Congress.

It’s pretty exciting!

Upon reviewing the certificate I quickly looked up my book on Amazon.  You know how a book can be ranked as one of the top ten best sellers?  Well, my book is ranked as one of the 2.1 millionth in sales.  In other words, 2.1 million other books are selling better than mine.

Whew!  What a relief.  I was afraid that I might have slipped in the rankings.  It’s good to know that I’m still in that 2.1 million range.  (Insiders in the publishing industry have told me that Rick Warren is getting very nervous and he’s been crying a lot.)

The great news for the 37 people who own my book is that it is certain to become a very rare collector’s item that could, someday, be worth slightly more than $11.95—perhaps as much as $12.35.  (That’s if you keep it in really pristine condition; and I’m entangled in some type of controversy involving verifiable Elvis sightings.)




.

No comments: