Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Flossing By The Food "Pick Up" Area


As I walked past the food “pick up” area at a local eatery this afternoon I saw a woman making an unusual motion with her hands by her mouth.  At first, because of the look on her face, I thought she was crying. 

And I felt sad.

But I soon realized that she was not crying.  In fact, I tried not to stare and let my mouth drop open but when I saw what was really happening, instinctively, I stared and my mouth dropped open.  In fact, it’s still open while I’m typing these words.

She was flossing her teeth!

In the restaurant!

By the food pick up area!

And I felt sad… again. 

But this time for different reasons.

By the way, I know this is not the fault of the restaurant, however, I’m thinking about suggesting this new slogan for the place:   “All the tasty food of a terrific restaurant with all the oral hygiene of a dentist’s office!”


No comments: