Monday, February 1, 2010

February 1st Christmas Tree Update

Now, please be patient.  I know that in a post on Saturday I WROTE that the Christmas tree would be put away by February 1st.  And when I wrote that post, please know that I absolutely meant it.  I was firmly committed to that objective.  I was.  Really.  But you have to understand, life can be tricky.  Come on, things happen, you know!  Unexpected obstacles arise.  Life doesn’t always allow us to do the things we intend to do.  Sometimes goals and objectives have to be reevaluated and readjusted and timelines have to be changed to better represent the realities that…..

Ha!  I’m just kidding.  I got you!!!

You’ll be happy to know that as of 9:21 a.m. CST, February 1st, the Christmas tree has BEEN PUT AWAY!!!   [Cue marching band music.]

Jasper and his friend Jake sat and watched me with great curiosity.   In fact, when I got to the front door, carrying this big, bulky tree, Jake actually got in my way.  He stood right in the doorway as I was trying to take the tree out.  I took that to mean that he didn’t want Christmas to be over.  He didn’t want me to put the tree away.  Dogs seem to love Christmas.  Then Jake “hiked” his leg and gave the tree one last “special christening”.  Hmm, dogs also seem to love Christmas trees.

But, alas, all good things must come to an end.  So, the tree is back in its storage space and things have been returned to normal.  (Oh, there I go again applying the word “normal” to my life.  I should know better than that by now.)





















Jake [left] and Jasper [right] sit and watch
the Christmas tree project with great curiosity.
Jasper only ate one ornament during the
process.

No comments: