Sunday, April 7, 2013

Potato Chips Instead of Delicious Bar-B-Que


After the services today we went to a local restaurant along with some folks from church.  We
didn’t realize it, but just before we arrived at the restaurant the power went out.

As one of the waitresses walked past me I said, “Are you still serving food?”

She looked at me and with the kind of voice that a person uses with a very small child she said, “No, the power is out.”

Okay, I admit, it was a dumb question but it was a bar-b-que restaurant and it smelled so good in this place that even though I knew they couldn’t possibly be cooking up food with the power off, I was hoping that maybe she would say something like this, “We had some ribs that we were just finishing up when the power went out. Oh, and here’s an idea sir, I’ll bring them out for you to enjoy.”

It didn’t work out that way.

Sometimes in life our palette is prepared for a fantastic bar-b-que dinner and we end up eating potato chips instead.  You know what I mean?

No comments: