Thursday, October 6, 2011

E-Flash From Dan -- Oktoberfest Edition

Dear E-Flash Friends;

Many years ago, I was walking around the village in my lederhosen, doing my daily 2-hours of yodeling, when suddenly I stopped and thought, “Hey! This is so fun that I should be sharing the experience with others.”

And thus was born our all church Oktoberfest!

Actually, my memory is a little foggy.  The origin of the Oktoberfest may be slightly different than that.  Anyhow… the good news is that we’re having our all church Oktoberfest this Sunday, October 9th, and you’re invited.

We will provide the hamburgers and hotdogs.  We ask you to bring a side dish or a dessert.

You say, “Hold on Dan, I’m only coming if I can participate in a great time of worship first.”

Excellent.  That’s exactly what will be happening.  We will have our regular worship services at 9am and 11am.  The services will be a terrific time of praising God.  You’ll be blessed if you come. 

And then immediately following the 11 o’clock service, we will head outside for the Oktoberfest.  Weather forecast for the day?  Sunny, blue skies and 77 degrees.  In other words, PERFECT.

Why not invite someone and join in on a great experience with God and with God’s people, this Sunday?

Hope you can make it!

Blessings,

Dan



No comments: